FIRST Shipping can help you bring the truck you bought to the port. Together, we may arrange a specialised truck transporter to pick up your vehicle, and bring it to the port.
Contact us for a quote.
The Port and Shipping Lines have many rules and regulations you need to be aware of. For instance, it is illegal to ship broken electronics.
Please prepare your vehicle so it can be shipped without delays from Customs, or worse, Fines.
Especially, take notice of the following :
- Weight : the maximum weight of a vehicle is mentioned on the papers of the vehicle, and may never be exceeded
- Front seats : BOTH front seats should be free and easily accessible
- Welding : NO parts of the vehicles can be welded or glued shut. Customs and the fire brigade require that they can Always enter any vehicle
- Cargo : Take note that goods loaded into vehicles are NEVER insured in any way. Never load items of great value in a car ! Consider a container for that.
- Dangerous goods : You must never load dangerous or flammable goods in a vehicle. Especially Gas bottles, Batteries, explosives and so on are prohibited. But also many types of refrigerators that contain a gas that is illegal.
Contact our offices for more information or if you have questions.
Contact our local office or Antwerp Headquarters to collect your truck, and fill out the booking form, loading lists and sign the shipping contract
If you decide to bring your truck to the port yourself, remember to pass by our offices first, because you will need to be announced at the port before you can enter.
This is also when you need to check the exact measurements of the truck or trailer. The price of shipping a truck is based on its dimensions, so even a 10cm difference in height or length can have a considerable effect on the final price ! Make sue you measure correctly !
First Shipping will hold the trucks in a closed and guarded parking, untill they are loaded in the ship.
When the ship sails, the documents for collecting your vehicle at destination will be sent to the office where you made the booking.
You pay the remaining outstanding amount, and the Documents are yours. ( For a small fee, we can also send them by DHL directly to the receiver of the vehicule at destination, of course)
The receiver of the truck then presents himself at the port of destination, where he collects the vehicle.